A while ago I started a small project to illustrate a series of unusual animals, one for each letter of the alphabet. I took it as far as a thumbnail sketch of each one, then I hit a bit of a stumbling block when I couldn't decide what sort of style to illustrate them in. As with many of my ideas it went on the proverbial back burner (its a very big back burner!).
Recently I was moaning to my ever patient wife about what style to do them in when she gave me some damn good advice, "do them in your own style". As I have been trying to improve my painting of late I decided to try using acrylic on them and not overthinking what the end result would look like. Here are the first couple, along with an initial octopus test piece. Its a fairly big undertaking so I cant say how quickly I will get through them but I will attempt to do all 26.